Thursday, May 10, 2012

Understanding Us

                                   Understanding Us 
                                                       By: brotha-Anthony Meyer

          I am a thinker. I love thinking. I perceive things so differently sometimes that I come off as "weird". Lately I have been doing a lot of pondering about God's greatness in us & the fact that we are so special & meant to be set apart from any of God's creation. However, one huge weakness of mine is I tend to over-think things & then stress myself out about the end result forgetting to lean on the Father. Not long ago, I found myself in a debate with four Atheists and it was 4 against 1... I "lost" because I was outnumbered & it wasn't a battle I needed to win.Nonetheless, I know without any doubts that creation, simply points to a devine creator (especially humans).I just find it so ridiculous how human nature causes us to fight the fact that an awesome God created the world & that we are uniquely made & were meant for more. But that debate is neither here nor there. 

           My coworkers & I do Bible studies on our break & this topic came up & sure enough we were studying the word & our beauty in Christ. I had to pray hardcore before I decided to post this because I wanted it to be understandable, Holy Spirit-filled, & a blessing to you. So I pray right now in Jesus name that you my reader are blessed by this post & that you keep your heart receptive & realize that understanding yourself isn't based on looks,status,or material items. Your identity is found in Christ & acknowledging that you are unique.

           The Lord sactified us & put His Spirit into us. The Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, & breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; & man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)
God breathed HIS very breath into us. He holds our very breath in the palms of His hands! So it isn't wrong to believe that God can give life & take it away....(Have you accepted Jesus as your savior yet? ) 

God gave all humans a spirit,soul, & body. 
Spirit- God awareness. we talk(pray) to God with our Spirit.
Soul- Self awareness. Personality,reasoning, emotions,mind,will & understanding
Body-world awareness. We interact with the physical world through our senses.

            Animals do not have a spirit. Therefore, animals have no consciousness of God. 



         God throws signs of Himself literally everywhere! And there is proof that God wants us to have Christ-centered lives & a heart pleasing to Him. 
Do you know what laminin is? Laminin is your body's cell-adhesion molecules, It is the "glue" that holds all the cells in your body together. 
This means that God has given us His "DNA". We were meant to live a life in reflection to Jesus Christ. Our identity REALLY is in Jesus Christ & the pure blood he shed on the Cross.Ironically, when people say to you "carry your cross" just respond: "I already am! I'm filled with laminin yo!"
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:17)

         When we ask God to pour His Spirit on us & fill our surrounding with His presence, sometimes our body shakes & we feel physically weak, but spiritually alive..almost like we could shout His name forever & yell "Praise Jesus!" on every place on earth & run in circles without getting tired. Our Spirit in this moment is connecting with God's spirit but our body(flesh) is constantly dying & cannot handle the Holy Spirit so it often shakes or trembles in the presence of the Father. I believe that our soul is often defined as our heart in the bible. And since our soul gives us an understanding of self- awareness of emotions &; the mind, it is basically describing our heart. If our heart has been set on the Lord then we have found our self-awareness in Christ.

          2years ago when I gave my life to Christ, I often prayed. But I was scared to have the presence of God near me because He is powerful,beautiful, convicting,& loving all at the same time. It was almost too much to take in. I give you important advice that when you pray, ask God to get the Devil away from you & fill you with inner peace so you can spend time with the Lord. Anytime a person tries to receive something from the Lord for example a message preached, a spiritual gift, peace,wisdom etc. the the Devil will try to steal the blessing away. Don't fear the Devil. You have authority over Him in Jesus name! Satan does not want you to discover your identity in Christ & discover just how awesome God really is & how unique you really are. You were made with excellence for excellence.Be blessed! 
  Love you all,
                  -Anthony




"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." (Philippians 4:8)

No comments: