Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Fragile Treasure - By Ashley


As I began reading 2 Corinthians 4 I noticed that the of the chapter was “Treasure in a Fragile Clay.”  I looked up the definition of Fragile. It means easily broken, shattered, or damaged; delicate; brittle; frail.  After reading this, I felt in my spirit that our hearts are our fragile treasures. How many times have we put our hearts on the line for someone? Sitting here thinking of how many times I have gave my fragile heart away to someone because they promised not to break it. Our heart is a treasure. A treasure that shouldn’t be tossed, thrown, stomped, given away so easily, or put on the line for someone who has no idea how to treat a precious, fragile treasure.  Proverbs 4:23 says, “Guard your HEART above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” That right there throws up a red flag in my life… It says your HEART determines the course of your life. I think if we would really grasp the realness of this verse we wouldn’t be so quick to give our heart away. 
Lord, I ask that you teach us how to treat our hearts like fragile treasures. I pray that to show us and teach us the realness of Proverbs 4:23. I ask you to become real in our lives. Amen!

No comments: