Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Effect of Your Blessing

As I like to do, let me first define the word blessing.

Blessing:

1: consecrated; sacred; holy; sanctified: the Blessed Sacrament.

2: worthy of adoration, reverence, or worship: the Blessed Trinity.

3: divinely or supremely favoured; fortunate: to be blessed with a strong, healthy body; blessed with an ability to find friends.

4: an endowment of great power.

Today I want to take a moment to expand your understanding. I often times find myself hearing people say things like "I received a blessing of 20 dollars today" or "oh he gave you an 'A' that's a blessing!"

I want to challenge statements like those and show you that they are incorrect. In fact, when things like that happen they are not blessings, but instead the effect of the blessing God has given you.

That 4th definition above states that a blessing is a "a great endowment of power." Well my wonderful people of God, once God has endowed you with power it is done...you are blessed! Once you are blessed by God your life should reflect that and you should be expectant of great things happening as a result of your blessing.

This is the type of revelation that us as believers must gain in order to take advantage of the life that God has for us.
In the book of John, Jesus says, "blessed are those who believe and have not seen."
 

Proverbs 8: 32 says "Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways."
 

Proverbs 28:14 says "Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD"

 Jeremiah 7:17 says "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."

Ladies and gentleman, I know that I have been blessed by God; and as a man who is blessed by the God of all that we know and have yet to know I am not afraid to say that it is only natural that everything around me should be the effect of my blessing from God.

I am blessed therefore my finances will reflect that, my health will reflect that, my relationships will reflect that. I AM BLESSED BY GOD.

Take hold of the scriptures my friends and know that from now on everything you encounter should be the effect of your blessing. Claim it as your own! The word tells you that you have been perfected by the sacrifice of Jesus and that you are blessed because you believe. Per the 1st definition above you are holy and sacred. You are the blessed property of God himself and it is time that you let satan know it.

Until next time.....


 -Point5

No comments: