Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beauty for Ashes

Life in ministry is hard....
Sometimes I feel like I am called to be the person who always helps, always encourages, is always trying to change the lives of everyone around me for the better. The interesting thing about this is that I actually do it! I do it so much that I have difficulty recognizing the very real things in my life. I, like everyone else struggle...however, when I struggle, I feel like there is no time to address my issue because there is, yet again, someone else I need to minister to. yeah I am cut, and bleeding...but forget that because he/she is cut too and I have to help them!!!!
I wish I could say that I voluntarily trust God, but I think somewhere along the way I just got to the point where I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO trust God.This is a good thing though because I know that my mind likes to 'give up'...but my faith took that option away from me...

Much like that trust situation I just explained, many times we create situations where stuff is so far to the left or the right that it is just hard to go back to 'that place' that we miss so badly. That good place. And that, my friends, is where true pain sets in! I have done this so many times and honestly it sucks. This is why I stress the importance of handling the little things in life while they are still little because they will not always be little if you do not. Those little things will get you off course and make it seem impossible to get back on course.

Everyday I see something or someone that just breaks my heart...I wish I could do something to change it or them...in fact, I try to do whatever I can to fix the situation...But most people just don't have real faith anymore. They go to church and 'believe' but they have no clue that faith changes things! So they think that it is now impossible to go back to 'that place' that 'good place' and they are unwilling to try...well ladies and gentlemen I am here to tell you that the Devil is a LIAR! You can go back to that good place! It is never too late! and FAITH is the way to get there! God wants you in 'THAT PLACE"

"What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one ca shut. I know you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name..." Rev 3:8

God said He is aware that you have little strength...but yet and still He opens a door! Many times we are, as the word says "made stong in our weakness" and us being weak is only so people can see how mighty our God is when he performs a miraculous work in our life. So I ask you...IS YOUR LIFE A TESTIMANT OF FAITH OR OF COMFORTABILITY?

My dad once told me "Anyone who ever did anything great took a great risk!" and I would add to that with "if they didn't take a great risk, then what they accomplished was simply not GREAT"...

I desire that my life, my relationships, my family, and everything be one leap of faith after another! Who is with me? The time to do great things is now! The time to get out of that painful situation is now! Simply walk through that open door, as frightening as it may seem, Allow God to take your ashes, and exchange them for beauty!

What is impossible with God????

Isaiah 61:3


I truly do Love YOU! Point5

1 comment:

jaimemc79 said...

I love how little things like this pour out of people on days when others need to read them. I thank God for you and your heart and your love for Him and others around you. May He bless you and continue to carry you along your journey of opening the eyes of everyone around you. We love ya.