Friday, November 14, 2008

Hope (not so much teaching, just me sharing)

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith unto this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” (Romans 5: 1-5)

Just meditating on this verse really pleases me! I am feeling a sense of renewed understanding and just thought this to be a perfect time to share with you.

You know I often go through things...being in ministry I go through a lot! I deal with the heart ache of haters and those who aim to destroy God's ministry through me, I battle with those who believe me to be unworthy of Gods plan, and I contemplate the errors of those who refuse to love me as the lord does. In these things I am often hurt....but I press.

I find myself so often in a position to teach others that I rarely get to share my issues...well God has shown me today that my issues are testimonies, tools for ministering to others. I was recently reminded of Daniel in the lions den and how it was appearent to him that he would be there even before he was. Looking at his story showed me that people are watching me..they are watching me to see how I act in my time of trouble. They want to know will I fall? Will I give up?

Because of this I often show my strong side and don't allow people to see that I too hurt. Well today I have learned that in transperency all things are visible, this includes both the hurt and suffering because that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character, hope! and hope is worth fighting for.

Today God spoke to me and told me something.... He did not call me to minister to the people who don't care, but instead to minister for the ones who do! So all I have to say is I will not please everyone, but fortunately I am not trying to. I am only trying to please God

“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)

This is me, I wake up everyday for one reason...to serve Jesus! and because of that I don't speak negatively about people regardless of what they say about me. I warn the gossipers of their error but I still love them as Christ, and I respect their independence and their privacy.Do the same for me.

If I were to speak to those who have recently been talking about me in an ungodly way, what I would say would be just what Paul said in Phillipians 3

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

Just know that when people fail you (and believe they will!) God will still be there. So maintain hope because "hope does not dissapoint us"

blessings. .5

No comments: